Tweet this hymn|
Must Jesus Bear the Cross AloneThe United Methodist Hymnal Number 424
Text: Thomas Shepherd and others
Music: George N. Allen
Tune: MAITLAND, Meter: CM
1. Must Jesus bear the cross alone,
and all the world go free?
No, there's a cross for everyone,
and there's a cross for me.
2. How happy are the saints above,
who once went sorrowing here!
But now they taste unmingled love,
and joy without a tear.
3. The consecrated cross I'll bear
till death shall set me free;
and then go home my crown to wear,
for there's a crown for me.
Choose an instrument: Piano | Organ | Bells
- Links for downloading:
- Text file
- Plain MIDI | Piano | Organ | Bells
- Piano score sheet music (pdf file)
- Slides (ppt file)